Thank you for coming!
The 18th Annual AVCJ Japan Forum gathered a record attendance of 440 of the industry's leading figures in Tokyo, including over 250 LPs, for two days of thought-provoking discussions, presentations and networking.
Attendees came from 14 different countries and heard from 50 of the most experienced and successful private market investors from and across the globe, as well as the leading pension funds, international fund of funds and domestic and foreign institutional investors. This year's AVCJ Japan Forum had record attendance as a flurry of succession deals in the mid-market, a local LP base that is making a push into alternatives, and a wave of successful fundraisers confirm that the industry in Japan is experiencing the best market conditions in a generation.
The Forum featured a wide range of presentations and panel discussions covering topics including how global investors can find opportunity in the face of volatility, the pipeline for deals in the buyout space, how mid-market players see the next 12 months for investments and exits, Why domestic LPs are committing to PE and how widespread this is expected to become across the LP universe, technology shifts in the next 5-10 years that will have the biggest impact on investment theses and portfolio returns, the rise of credit and debt strategies, how you build partnerships with regional banks, how domestic LPs select the right partners and geographies for infrastructure investments and strategies for investing across Asia.
Highlights of the AVCJ Japan Forum included:
- Opening keynote address from Hideya Sadanaga, Head of Private Equity Investment Department at Japan Post Bank
- More than 215 leading companies in attendance, including institutional investors from the USA, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Japan and UK
- A keynote presentation from renowned Japan economist Jesper Koll of Wisdomtree Investments
- A panel of domestic LPs sharing the type of investments and funds they wish to commit to featuring, Harbourvest, Japan Post Insurance, Denso Pension Fund and the Pension Fund Association
- A presentation focusing on how you use data to develop your approach for constructing an optimal portfolio
Should you wish to speak/sponsor next year, please contact our Business Development Director - Darryl Mag at E: email@example.com / T: +852 2158 9639